Fairbanks Suzuki Institute
June 1-6, 2021
University of Alaska Fairbanks
312 Tanana Drive, Fairbanks, Alaska 99775
Presented by Fairbanks School of Talent Education in cooperation with the Fairbanks Symphony Association and the Department of Music, University of Alaska Fairbanks. The Fairbanks Suzuki Institute is approved by the Suzuki Association of the Americas (SAA).
Covid-19 Update - FSI 2020 Postponed to 2021
March 25, 2020
To all FSI registrants and followers:
It is with great disappointment and sadness that we tell you this news. The Fairbanks Suzuki Institute is following state and national guidelines regarding COVID-19. In order to prioritize the health and safety of our participants, faculty and staff, we have made the decision to postpone FSI 2020 to 2021. FSI will now be held June 1-6, 2021. The university campus is closed to all meetings of more than 10 people until at least June 16. The Fairbanks Suzuki Institute won't be able to use the campus facilities this summer. The good news is that all submitted graduation recordings will be adjudicated and catalogued as completed. You will not need to resubmit your recordings next year. We will also use the 2020 winning T-shirt design for our programs and shirts in 2021.
We have several options for your tuition credit:
- Participants may choose to have their 2020 tuition and registration fee credited to FSI 2021. This option is our favorite one, and it allows you to lock in the 2020 rates for next year's institute.
- Tax Deductible Donation: Even though we will not be having FSI 2020, there are still considerable expenses that must be paid and donations will be gratefully accepted. If you are willing, please consider donating all or part of the amount you have paid to FSI 2020 as a 100% tax deductible donation. If you would like to convert all or part of the amount paid to a donation, please fill in the form below, and we will send you a tax-deductible receipt.
- Refund: To request having your tuition and registration fee refunded, please let us know by filling in the form below. Deadline to request a refund is April 10, 2020. Refunds will be issued back in the form of payment you used at registration.
Use the form below to choose a refund option.
Please respond as soon as possible. If we don't hear back from you by April 10, we will credit your tuition to FSI 2021.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support through this difficult time. We look forward to seeing all of you in 2021!
- Early bird registration, Chamber Music and Graduation will close on March 15
- Register early to get the best rates and your choice of enrichment courses
- Registration Deadline May 1
Late fees* begin after March 15th. Please register early!
*After March 16th: $50. After April 15th: $100.